START YOUR ONTARIO DIVORCE.
We make the divorce process in Ontario simple, fast and affordable.
Ontario Divorce - only $249
We never sell "automated" divorce forms, only documents prepared by an experienced team member. Our experienced Ontario divorce team will review your information and prepare divorce papers specifically for your needs.
- A Divorce team member for Ontario handles your case.
- Every customer is backed by our 100% Court Acceptance Guarantee.
- We stay with you through the entire process, to help guide you through the Ontario divorce process.
- Over 20 years experience filing divorces in the Ontario Court system
- 100% Court acceptance in the Ontario divorce/family court.
- Fast Process. Submit your order today and file your Ontario divorce tomorrow.
Information on filing a divorce in Ontario.
When we prepare your Ontario divorce papers, we will include all the provisions specific to your situation. These include the division of property and debts, child custody, support or name change. We ensure that your divorce forms are ready to sign and file with the court in Ontario A free Marital Settlement Agreement is included.
A divorce filed in the Province of Ontario is a fairly simple process. We will provide step-by-step instructions, and our support department is always available to help you complete your Ontario divorce filing.
Before you file your divorce in Ontario, you should be aware of some of the laws regarding a divorce that is filed in the State of Ontario:
- You or your spouse must be a resident of the Province of Ontario for over one year to file a divorce.
- Most divorces are filed under the grounds of separation for one year but you can also file on the grounds of adultery or cruelty which we will discuss with you.
- Spousal support is usually decided by the parties taking into effect the length of marriage, age of spouses, earning capacities, among other factors.
- The Filing Fee. (The fee must be paid in cash, certified cheque, or money order payable to the Minister of Finance. Personal cheques are not accepted.) In total, court fees are $447 to obtain a divorce in Ontario. The first payment of $167 is due when the application for divorce is filed which includes court fees of $157 and $10 that is collected for the federal Department of Justice. Additional court fees of $280 are paid before the divorce is reviewed by the court. $19 fee is required if you desire a certified copy of the decree.
Our divorce forms are Ontario Court approved. You can file with confidence.
CHILD CUSTODY IN ONTARIO
Your children are the most important part of a divorce. We carefully prepare the custody provisions of your divorce papers to make sure all the specific information you request regarding the custody of your children is properly written in your divorce papers. We will include all the provisions for child custody, visitation and support pursuant to the laws of Ontario. Child Support guidelines are obtained at: http://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/fl-df/.
Ontario Child Custody, visitation and support.
Most couples are in agreement with the custody of their children. This is usually the best for your children, as the parents have the knowledge to know what is best for the children. If the court's get involved to make decisions, the court's in Ontario consider factors such as the physical, emotional, religious and social needs of the child.
In our questionnaire, we will ask you questions about the custody of your children, including who will be the primary custodial parent, visitation and support. This allows to to properly prepare the custody provisions of the divorce forms that will be filed with the court.
In a small number of cases, one parent will need special provisions, such as supervised visitation, or provisions for out-of-state travel. We will include all these necessary provisions.
Child support in Ontario can be an agreed upon amount or it can be pursuant to the Ontario child support guidelines. The Ontario child support guidelines takes into consideration the income of both parents, the parenting time, and determines the amount of support to be paid by the non-custodial parent.
PROPERTY DIVISION IN AN ONTARIO DIVORCE
If you have property and debts which have been acquired during the marriage, we will make sure the property division is outlined in your divorce documents. We will include a free Ontario Marital Settlement Agreement to outline the division of the marital property and debts, including homes and investment accounts.
Division of marital property and debts.
Many customers have been separated and have already split their property, and made decisions on how the debts of the marriage will be paid.
Although most customer have already divided property, and don't require the divorce forms to include any division of property or debts, we can get as detailed as necessary. We handle the division of multiple homes and/or investment properties if needed.
When the parties can't agree on the division of property, the courts in Ontario will follow equitable distribution laws.
GET STARTED WITH YOUR ONTARIO DIVORCE
The questionnaire above will allow you to open an account and start the divorce process. Our experienced Ontario divorce team will prepare your filing documents and send them to you ready to sign and file with the court.
SIMPLE 3-STEP PROCESS: Complete the questionnaire, then review and sign your Ontario divorce forms, and file with the court. Our step-by-step instructions will help guide you through the process. Whether you have a simple divorce with no property or children, or a more complicated divorce with alimony, children and property, your documents will be completed correctly and ready to present to the Court.
With more than 100,000 court document prepared over the past 20 years, we have the experience to make sure your Ontario divorce papers are correct.
Low Cost-Only $249
Our Ontario divorce team will make sure your documents are ready to file. We will prepare your document right - All for only $249.
You can file with confidence, we back every customer with a 100% money-back court acceptance guarantee.