START YOUR ALBERTA DIVORCE.
We make the divorce process in Alberta simple, fast and affordable.
Alberta Divorce - only $249
We never sell "automated" divorce forms, only documents prepared by an experienced divorce team member. Our experienced Alberta divorce team will review your information and prepare divorce papers specifically for your needs.
- A Divorce team member for Alberta handles your case.
- Every customer is backed by our 100% Court Acceptance Guarantee.
- We stay with you through the entire process. We help guide you through the Alberta divorce process.
- Over 22 years experience filing divorces in the Alberta court system
- 100% Court acceptance in the Alberta divorce/family court.
- Fast Process. Submit your order today and file your Alberta divorce tomorrow.
Information on filing a divorce in Alberta.
When we prepare your Alberta divorce papers we will include all the provisions specific to your situation. Whether it be for the division of property and debts, child custody, support or name change we insure that your divorce forms are ready to sign and file with the court in Alberta. A Marital Settlement Agreement is included for free.
A divorce filed in the Province of Alberta is a fairly simple process. We will provide step-by-step instructions, and our support department is always available to help you complete your Alberta divorce filing.
Before you file your divorce in Alberta, you should be aware of some of the laws regarding a divorce that is filed in the Province of Alberta:
- You or your spouse must be a resident of the Province of Alberta for one year to file a divorce.
- Most divorces are filed on grounds of one year separation. You can also file on the grounds of adultery or cruelty, which we will discuss with you.
- Property and debt distribution in Alberta is based on equitable distribution. The value of any property that you acquired during your marriage and that you still have when you separate, usually is divided equally between spouses. Property that was brought into your marriage is yours to keep, but any increases in the value of this property during the duration of marriage could be shared.
- Spousal support is determined by agreement between the spouses, taking into affect the length of marriage, age of spouses, earning capacities, among other factors.
- The filing fee required by the court is $295.00.
We use only approved Alberta Court forms. You can file with confidence.
CHILD CUSTODY IN ALBERTA
Your children are the most important part of a divorce. We carefully prepare the custody provisions of your divorce papers to make sure all the specific information you request regarding the custody of your children is properly written in your divorce papers. We will include all the provisions for child custody, visitation and support pursuant to the laws in Alberta. Child Support guidelines are obtained at: http://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/fl-df/.
Alberta Child Custody, visitation and support.
Most couples are in agreement with the custody of their children. This is usually the best for your child(ren), as the parents have the knowledge to know what is best for the child(ren). If the court's get involved to make decisions, the court's in Alberta consider factors such as the physical, emotional, religious and social needs of the child.
In our questionnaire, we will ask you questions about the custody of your children, including who will be the primary custodial parent, visitation and support. This allows to to properly prepare the custody provisions of the divorce forms that will be filed with the court.
In a small number of cases, one parent will need special provisions, such as supervised visitation, or provisions for out-of-state travel. We will include all these necessary provisions.
Child support in Alberta can be an agreed upon amount or it can be pursuant to the Alberta child support guidelines. The Alberta child support guidlines takes into consideration the income of both parents, the parenting time, and determines the amount of support to be paid by the non-custodial parent.
PROPERTY DIVISION IN AN ALBERTA DIVORCE
If you have property and debts which have been acquired during the marriage, we will make sure the property division is outlined in your divorce documents. We will include a free Alberta Marital Settlement Agreement to outline the division of the marital property and debts, including homes and investment accounts.
Division of marital property and debts.
Many customers have been separated and have already split their property, and made decisions on how the debts of the marriage will be paid.
Although most customer have already divided property, and don't require the divorce forms to include any division of property or debts, we can get as detailed as necessary. We handle the division of debts, multiple homes and/or investment properties if needed.
When the parties can't agree on the division of property then they need to either need to go to counseling or request a contested hearing.
GET STARTED WITH YOUR ALBERTA DIVORCE
The questionnaire above will allow you to open an account and start the divorce process. Our experienced Alberta divorce team will prepare your filing documents and send them to you ready to sign and file with the court.
SIMPLE 3-STEP PROCESS: Complete the questionnaire, then review and sign your Alberta divorce forms, and file with the court. Our step-by-step instructions will help guide you through the process. Whether you have a simple divorce with no property or children, or a more complicated divorce, with alimony, children and property, your documents will be complete correctly and ready to present to the Court.
With more than 100,000 court documents prepared over the past 20 years, we have the experience to make sure your Alberta divorce papers are correct.
Low Cost-Only $249
Our Alberta divorce team will make sure your documents are ready to file. We will prepare your document right - All for only $249.
You can file with confidence, We back every customer with a 100% money-back court acceptance guarantee.